It's been a few weeks since I've posted, but rest assured that doesn't mean I haven't been busy.
You may remember a while back I posted about Dune the Dice Game, winner of Board Game Geek's best print and play game of the year. Largely because of the difficulties involved in getting/owning the game I decided to make it.
When I say difficulties I mostly mean effort. But rather than just printing out the pieces I wanted something that looked professional. I did some digging and found that for a short time the game was available via printplay games, an admagic company. By the time I'd found out about the game it was unavailable. However, they have the facilities to make my dreams come true.
So, I spent some time arranging the appropriate files and ordered a box, a board and the components required for the game. Last week it arrived.
You'll see in the picture I also got some dice. As the name would suggest, Dune the Dice Game, requires some dice. When printplay did their short production run, the game was actually called 'the dice must flow', for that run they had custom made dice. Fortunately for me they still had some left.
The next stage for me was to create the player boards and other small components. I ordered some 2mm backing card from ebay and some self-adhesive vinyl stickers I could print on.
hankfully my printer held up and they came out great. I cut them and the boards to size and I'm pretty happy with the results.
But that's not to say that there weren't a few hiccups. I hadn't ordered all of the correct components and most annoyingly the markers I ordered were way too small. I should have paid more attention to the sizes.
The discs are meant to represent the leaders, however they're not big enough. I've since ordered larger clyinders and discs to help differentiate between round markers, players leaders and the sandstorm token. A couple of the small tokens will still come in use as 'spice trackers' for some of the factions player boards.
There's also a mini expansion for the game which I've included in my set. Essentially it's a few more smaller tokens.
My work on this is about 90% done. I'm just waiting on the new components then I'll get to play it. The game supports 2-8 players which is quite impressive. I'm interested to see how it plays. And I'll be sure to update once I've had chance.
For more info and updates be sure to like and follow us on twitter, instagram and facebook. Links on the right hand side.
I'll have more news next week about playtesting Nothing to Declare and hopefully where you'll be able to come find us at the UK Game Expo.