FREE TO PRINT AND PLAY
a game of drafting and pushing your luck.
Download the PDF here
- 3-4 players
- 10 minutes to play
Auctioneer uses the same components of Auction House to create a new game experience.
Players choose item cards which have secret values known only to them. Other players then bid on those items to win them.
The player with the most points at the end wins.
Note - for 3 players use 9 items, for 4 players use 8 items
HOW TO PLAY
- Shuffle cash cards and place them face down
- Shuffle and lay items on top of the cash cards face up
Phase 1 - Choosing your items
- Start with the oldest player
- Choose an item, place it in front of you, keeping the cash card hidden – this is the items value
- Continue clock-wise until all items are selected
PHase 2 - Auction
- Now starting with the youngest player
- The player holds up one of their items and looks at the value - keeping it secret from the other players
- They are now the Auctioneer
- The other players now bid on the item
- Bidding starts at 1M - players indicate whether they wish to bid on the item
- Bidding increases in intervals of 1M
- The item goes to the highest bidder
PHASE 3 - Scoring
- Once an item is sold the Auctioneer reveals the value of the item
- The Auctioneer scores a point for every 1M over the value price
- The bidder scores a point for every 1M under the value of the item
- Play then continues going clock-wise until all items are sold
PHASE 4 - End game
- Once all items are sold players total up their scores
- The player with the most items gains 4 additional points
- The player with the fewest items loses 4 points
- The winner is the player with the most points
Note - the Auctioneer is in charge at all times, but they must give 3 chances for other players to increase the bid. Calling 'going once, going twice, all done? SOLD!'